Friday, January 9, 2015

The Wedding Ringer Review

Well...I laughed. I laughed a good amount. But there were times when the jokes ran flat. There were a lot of times where they nearly crossed over into the corny side, but I wouldn't say they did.

It was a good movie. I liked it better than Ride Along. Ha!

But still, big shout out to Kevin Hart. I would try to list all of his recent films, but I honestly feel I might miss one. Let me IMDB this...LOL...

This man is in a film out right now (Top Five), has another film about to come out (The Wedding Ringer), and has previews for another one (Get Hard)! Not to mention a new season of Real Husbands of Hollywood is out!  In 2014, Kevin Hart was in 4 major films (Ride Along, About Last Night, Think Like a Man Too, and Top Five). And 3 of those 4 came in 1st, 3rd, and 5th on the list of top 10 grossing Black films of 2014!

Have to respect the hustle. This man is putting in work. And to be honest, in my opinion, he's pulling in the audience too. At least me. I know he's why I went to see Ride Along and The Wedding Ringer. Though they turned out to be my least favorite of his recent movies.

Random note...

My ranking of his 2014 films:
1) Top Five
2) Think Like a Man Too
3) About Last Night
4) Ride Along

Grossing:
1) Ride Along - $134,202,565 (the #1 grossing Black film of 2014)
2) Think Like a Man Too - $65,182,182 (#3)
3) About Last Night - $48,637,684 (#5)
4) Top Five - $23.7M (still in theaters)


Far cry from Paper Soldiers...Yes, I went there. I don't know about you, but that's the first time I saw him in a film. LOL. Though I suppose Soul Plane is even worse than Paper Soldiers.

But seriously, I'm truly impressed by this man's hustle!