Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Meet the Blacks Review


Finally got around to seeing Meet the Blacks, not that I was in a rush. In fact, I saw it sooner than expected. The things I do for this blog. LOL. This will be short and sweet, just as Meet the Blacks graciously was, coming in at 90 minutes.

Similar to Fifty Shades of Black, Meet the Blacks pretty much stuck to one film, The Purge. So no need to rehash the plot. If by chance you haven't seen The Purge and would like to know the plot of Meet the Blacks, might I suggest you just go see The Purge? Just kidding, Meet the Blacks wasn't that bad. Of course it wasn't that great either. As I was expecting, some of the jokes were offensive, and some just fell completely flat. With the number of comedians who made an appearance, I'm almost certain there was a lot of ad lib improvisation going on. Some worked and got a laugh from the audience, others just hung in the silence of the audience. 

I was most intrigued by two things...First, Bresha Webb (Truth be Told, Love that Girl) playing a teenager at 28, totally pulling a Stacey Dash on us. We're in the market for a replacement for her anyway. Ha! And secondly, the collection of comedians who make an appearance, in addition to Snoop (as a White man), Tyson (with glued on weave), and Tiny (as a stalker jump off): Mike Epps, Lil Duvall, Michael Blackson, Gary Owen, Lavell Crawford, George Lopez, Charlie Murphy, and Paul Mooney. This was definitely an interesting collection of comedians. Almost like he dialed up all his comedian friends and waited to see who would show up. But Paul Mooney!!! How did they get Paul Mooney to be a part of this. I was so shocked to see him, but to be honest I didn't really get his joke.

But yea...you can probably wait for Netflix or HBO on this one.