Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Have You Been Watching Rosewood and Truth Be Told?



So I finally found time to check out Rosewood, and I absolutely love it! I'm not even into CSI-type shows, but this is a really good show. Morris Chestnut stars as the main character, Dr. Beaumont Rosewood, Jr. (aka Rosie), a private pathologist consultant who helps Miami PD solve murders (often by forcing his way in to the dismay of Captain Ira Hornstock, played by Domenick Lombardozzi aka Herc from "The Wire"). He's dealing with a debilitating disease, but manages to live a very stop and smell the roses type of life and is definitely the best of the best at what he does. His sister Pippy (played by Gabrielle Dennis aka Janay on "The Game" aka Derwin's baby mama) and her finance Tara work for him, and are just as good at catching the small details during an autopsy that can lead to solving a murder case. His mother Donna (played by Lorraine Toussaint #AnyDayNow #TheFosters) is a semi-helicopter mother, and about 4 episodes in is invited by Rosie to join their office after retiring. Rosie works closely with Detective Annalise Villa, who is a Miami native who moves back from New York after the sudden death of her husband. While there seemed to be an instant spark from Rosie, Donna's stand offish personality led to no flicker being ignited. However, about four or five episodes in she begins to have feelings for Rosie, who is then in a relationship with Kat (played by Nicole Ari Parker). I won't tell the rest. You have to check it out! I know I'll be watching! 


So I saw the commercials for this show, and knew I had to watch it. I mean, have you seen Tone Bell, who plays Russell?! And it wasn't until I watched the first episode that I realized Zach, ehem Mark-Paul Gosselaar was also in it, he plays Mitch. Can't fail with my "Saved by the Bell" #MCE. LOL. And it took 2 episodes for me to realize that was Imunique from "Love That Girl!" (yes, I'll admit, I sat threw some of those episodes when there was nothing else to watch!) , Bresha Webb, playing Angie (a doctor). Okay...so what is the show about? And is it good? Yes, it is very funny! I mean LOL funny, in my opinion. It's essentially about two married couples, Angie and Russell the newlyweds, and Mitch and Tracy the 4-years or so vets (who also have a 4 year old daughter). Interesting choice to name Mitch Mitch, because he is kind of the Hitch (Will Smith movie) for married couples (not to be confused with "mitch" in "Real Husbands of Hollywood"). Mitch and Russell are besties, and as the longer married friend and the ethics professor, Mitch is often giving Russell advice on how to be a good husband. So a lot of the show seems to be focused on Mitch and Tracy showing/telling Russell and Angie what a good marriage looks like. And the show also throws in some racial humor, often tied to Russell being Mitch's only Black friend and at times related to Tracy being what Mitch describes as ethnically ambiguous. Vanessa Lachey, who plays Tracy, is half White, half Filipina (and yes, that is Lachey as in Nick Lachey, her husband of 4 years). It seemed a bit heavy on the racial humor in the first episode, but I think they struck a balance in episode 2. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the season!  

Have you watched either of these shows? Rate them below!